Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Going back to my first love

So, I have always been a Christian Dior Lover. Ever since I can remember I've always admired everything Dior and Chanel. But Dior has always been my preferred designer. Growing up in New York for part of my childhood, I grew to love fashion and the environment that surrounds it. Anyways, so of course I have never had the pleasure of wearing anything Dior, maybe one day..lol. But I have bought skincare and makeup and let me tell you it is the best feeling in the world. Forget MAC, MUFE or any brand that makes you look like a drag queen. I used to use MAC and never again, I think I rather use something from the drug store than MAC. Dior on the other hand is so luxurious, light feeling, and the smell is wonderful. I know some people will not agree with me but I think its worth every penny. 


Now the skincare is also superb in my opinion. Dior saved my skin from dehydration last summer and I really cannot tell you why I left Dior in the winter...lol. I started using Philosophy (which is pretty good by the way) and simply forgot to look into other Dior skin products. If you have read my post on Lancome, you should know I am disappointed at Lancome. After using Primordiale for almost 2 months I have seen no improvement in the tone or clarity of my skin. It is just an OKAY moisturizer. I think I had better results from the Dior Hydraction sorbet creme, which I think I will buy just for the heck of it. Yeah its that good!!! that I will just buy it just because I like it. But what I want to let you know is that I am going to try the Diorsnow range. Yes, I know it's targeted towards asian women but hey I want to see if this would actually be good for Latinas also. Im testing this for my Spanish sistahs. So if youre a spanish chick with my same issues, follow me on this journey! Dior here I come, please save me again!

Update:
I got my Diorsnow white reveal creme and the Diorsnow rich toner #2. I dont have the cleanser or the essence yet but soon will get it. I am very excited to let you guys know how this works on my skin, since i'm latina. I'll be back in a month to give you a review. 





IM BACK WITH MY REVIEW!

I have tried DiorSnow for a month now and I am happy to share that it has improved the texture of my skin. Has it lighten my acne marks..hmm I think its too early to say but you can definitively see an improvement in clarity. The texture of my skin is amazing despite the fact I have acne scars all over my cheeks. Maybe one of these days I will be brave enough to post some of my acne pictures. Which kinda reminds me of a review (more like a warning) on what caused my hormonal acne... (cough, cough, MIRENA!!!!)

One thing I am certain about is that DiorSnow alone will not get rid of my marks completely. I am actually considering getting a chemical peel and microdermabrasion to help boost the effectiveness of any products I choose to use in the future. Now, as you know I am hispanic and the products I am using are targeted towards Asian women. The main question I asked myself when considering buying these products was, Will it even work on my skin? well, I think skin is just skin no matter what ethnicity you are. I think it is fair to say that there are people with oily, combo, dry skin but I dont believe theres a specific black skin or hispanic skin. Obviously, Diorsnow a skincare range targeted towards asian women is showing improvement in my hispanic skin. For my fellow Latin sisters, will Diorsnow work you? Yes! why not? Go ahead try it, dont be scared! If anybody has any questions please just ask.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Dior! I feel the same as you on this. Between Dior and Chanel, I lean towards Dior. I just finished my Diorsnow SPFer (which I got on a plane and probably will not have the chance to repurchase any time soon) and feel like everything else is falling short in terms of sun protection. Where do you get your Dior products, and do you know if they carry the Diorsnow line? I can't wait for your skincare review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for commenting!! I have never tried Chanel skincare but judging by the prices which can be higher than Dior, you would think they are better quality. My mother loves Dior and I always said to myself it would be a waste of money but girl let me tell you, Dior instantly makes your skin smooth and leaves a fresh feeling. I so want the SPF but cant right now. You are right! it's hard to find good SPF that doesnt feel like your wearing something greasy on your face. I personally love Shiseido's Urban environment SPF 35 I believe it is. If you dont know where to get the Diorsnow range get it from Dior.com that's where I got mines. Also, sign up for the Dior Diva points program which gives you 1 points per every $1 you spend. Thanks again for your comment...it means alot! LOL

    ReplyDelete