Monday, July 18, 2011

My vanity table


This post will be short because theres not that much to say until my vanity is completed, but I am so excited to share with you how this german antique came to me. I am completely changing the entire look and hope it turns out to look good. This is my first time ever painting or refinishing a piece of furniture. I enjoy being hands on and love getting dirty but I enjoy the designing aspect. I have had this idea for months and last week I told my husband I wanted the vanity. I bought it off of craigslist for $150. So far we've spent $70 on paint and materials. I think I could've gone to IKEA and gotten the Edland dressing table for $199 but I am having so much fun painting and I am grateful my wonderful hubby is fixing it up for me. Not as fast as I want but he's working on it, he is in the army so cant really ask for more of his time.This of course gives it more of a personal sentiment because he's working so hard to make it look good, I will forever cherish it.Anyways, when I finish putting it together and I've set it up in the bedroom I will take pictures. For now, here are the pictures I've taken so far.
                                                     Then:
                                                     Now:

Te amo Fael!!!! 
New Pic:

Yay Im done with my Vanity! It has taken me 1 1/2 weeks to finish the vanity. As you know, I sanded, primed, and painted it black. The knobs were replaced because I wanted to add something modern looking to this antique. Some bling wont hurt, LOL. The wooden appliques were bought at lowes for $20. So all in all, I spend a total of $230 in material to re-purpose this vanity. Could I have bought a brand new spanking Ikea Edland makeup table? Yes but I had so much fun doing this because I made it my own. To finalize this post, here is a picture of my finished vanity table. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow you did a great job! I'm currently looking for a new vanity table too I want one like the vintage ones on Burlesque :> Following you now mind following back?

    http://theshoebunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete